Friday, April 11, 2014

Ready to go home..

I know that I am not supposed to be sad while I am out here, but I just found out that I am going to have to put my cat that I have had since I was 7 to sleep when I get home. I am almost 21 and I don't remember what life is like without him. It may be silly to some, but he is very much a part of my family.
I absolutely love that I am here and that I have experienced so much. I went to Cinque Terre today and had a blast swimming in the ocean for hours. But my day was turned around when I found out he has cancer in his mouth. My last post was about how I never wanted to leave and how I am not ready, but now knowing this I am so ready to jump on a plane to be with him. Silly, I know, but I told people  before this trip that the only things that would make me go home would be if one of my family members was hurt or if this cat died.

It is hard to be away from home when something this important is happening. I am trying to just stay positive and be thankful that I will still be able to say my goodbyes. I want to enjoy the rest of my stay here and make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment