Sunday, February 2, 2014

Don't stop to smell the roses.. stop to Taste the roses.

Yesterday was FULL of new experiences. Let's start with this. Have you ever tasted a flower before? Well I officially have.

 Well.. it was gelato. Last night 5 other girls took my roommate and I to a gelato place on the other side of the Ponte Vecchio and everything was just mmmm. There is no other way to describe the taste of the gelato then to say that I ate the most fragrant rose in the world. All of their flavors tasted JUST like what they were labeled. I had pistachio as well and I could almost taste the crunchiness of a real pistachio. Have you ever tasted Crunch? I didn't even know that you could taste "crunch." In Florence I guess that all things are possible. Oh and my friend's vanilla. There was nothing plain about that vanilla. I swear, everything tastes so good at this place. If you are coming I shall share our secret gelato location, but for now it is our little secret.

Roberto. The best tour guide you will ever have.
Pisa. When you go to Pisa you HAVE to have this man as your tour guide. His name is Roberto. He is the FUNNIEST man ever I swear. At the end of our little tour I asked to take a picture with him and he was singing while he was hugging me. He even told the girl taking the photo to take her time so he could hug me longer *giggle*. Oh, but don't make this mistake.. he is not a fan of Florence. With how much history he has crammed into that brain of his he makes sure you know that he does not like Florentines. He does make you laugh though with his wise cracks. Seriously, make sure that this man helps you out. 

I didn't try to be above anyone and NOT take this picture. I don't know when I will be here again, so I put my silly pride aside and went with the crowd and took the picture holding Pisa up. So, when you come, take the picture! I am so glad I did, I will have this forever :) 

Got my heart back in Italy
Most people who know me know that I have worn a heart necklace since I was 15 years old. My last one broke on me and I have been without one for a couple of months. So, I treated myself to a new one (don't worry mom and dad, I didn't break my bank account on this) from a small city called Lucca that is built within these walls. If you ever get the chance to come here don't pass it up. It looked like the whole town is in a fort. 
Outside the walls

on the walls




No comments:

Post a Comment